News & Views
- Smoke and Mirrors - Rep. Herrell’s new bill, the Veterans Recruitment Act of 2022- a position piece by Earle Buckley.
- On May 25, 2022, Blue CD2 NM served Yvette Herrell with a petition at her office in Las Cruces demanding she explain why she voted against confirming President Biden's election win, why she claimed Trump won New Mexico (he didn't), and why she sidestepped a vote on a bipartisan commission to investigate the January 6 insurrection. Oddly, NO ONE was in her office. (Working hard for your constituents there, Yvette!) Here's our press release.
- Santa Fe New Mexican - February 16, 2022 - New Mexico social studies standards become official. Following a heated, months-long rule-making process, the state Public Education Department has officially adopted a rule replacing the state’s new K-12 social studies standards last week.
- Native News Online - Jan. 20, 2022 - Special Assistant to the President on Native Affairs at the White House Libby Washburn on Biden’s First Year in Office. "...immediately, the entire federal government started changing the way they interacted with tribes and started reaching out, consulting."
- Rural Summit Talking Points: Credit: Rural Democracy Initiative 2021_rural_rmts_galvanize.pdf and https://ruraldemocracyinitiative.org/
- The American Independent, July 30, 2021 - 29 House Republicans who've backed Marjorie Taylor Greene's most fringe ideas (yes, Yvette Herrell is one).
DCCC, July 15, 2021 - Help Is Here (No Thanks to Rep. Yvette Herrell): Thousands of Families in NM-02 Receive Critical Relief Rep. Herrell Voted to Block “The CTC, which has been expanded and improved through the ARP, will offer working families a lifeline and help secure a stronger future for the nation’s children… The monthly payments, which Rep. Herrell voted against…“By voting against this expanded Child Tax Credit, Rep. Herrell voted to prevent lifting thousands of children out of poverty and giving hardworking parents in her district additional resources to provide for their children as we recover from this pandemic. While Republicans in Congress like Rep. Herrell tried to keep this critical relief out of the hands of families, Democrats fought to ensure everyday Americans were provided with this relief.”
- Albuquerque Journal, Friday, July 16th, 2021 - Herrell gets it wrong on New Mexico's border
- Roswell Daily Record (rdrnews.com) June 3, 2021 - Herrell invites vice president to New Mexico
- Santa Fe New Mexican, May 19, 2021 - Political ad links Rep. Herrell to Capitol insurrection
"When an extremist mob attacked the Capitol, Congresswoman Yvette Herrell was forced to hide," a narrator says in the 30-second ad. "But hours later, with blood still on the floors of the Capitol, she voted with Trump and helped spread the same lies that left a police officer dead and many others injured…" “Rep. Yvette Herrell led a misinformation campaign and helped spread the 'Big Lie' on social media and conservative news media outlets by sowing doubt about the presidential election results," U.S. Rep. Ruben Gallego of Arizona, chairman of the political action committee, said in a statement. "She tried to undermine our democracy and, in doing so, she helped incite the insurrection."
- Las Cruces Sun News, May 25, 2021 - New Mexico lawmaker urges Kamala Harris to visit U.S.-Mexico border
“Herrell has introduced legislation in the House to keep Title 42 of the U.S. Code — which has been used to rapidly expel undocumented migrants and many asylum seekers because of the COVID-19 pandemic — in effect until the pandemic is over. The Biden administration has so far kept Title 42 in place.
Herrell has also been critical of Biden’s border policies, such as his decision to halt construction of the border wall pushed by the Trump administration and his decision to end Migrant Protection Protocols — the so-called “Remain in Mexico” policy — for lawful asylum seekers.”
- KRQE News 13, February 1, 2021 - Las Cruces city council condemns NM congresswoman for objecting electoral votes
- Santa Fe New Mexican, January 3, 2021 - New congresswoman hopes to give voice to loudmouths
“It’s not that Congresswoman Yvette Herrell can’t learn from history. She simply prefers myths and self-serving deception to truth…In her first week in office, Herrell will do what she can to keep Trump’s bitter strain alive…For a freshman congresswoman, she understands Trump as well as anyone. He’s handled defeat with all the grace Herrell showed two years ago.”